Does Roaccutane work?

Last week me and my mum went for a spa day at a hotel ; we had a massage, a manicure, and a facial and after that we went up to the hotel restaurant for lunch.

Everyone who's ever had a facial knows that it's basic skin care etiquette not to apply makeup after a facial/peel/microderm so what did I do? I went up to that restaurant with no makeup (and a slightly greasy face) and ate lunch! My mum noted this and said "look how far you've come" and I have come a long way! From being the girl who wouldn't take her makeup off in front of her family to going bare faced in public.

Now I'm not saying I walk around with no makeup on all the time, my face isn't perfect and I'm still self conscious but in this instance I decided not to let my skin control my life. And it felt good!




As you can see I still have a few spots but my dermatologist said that is normal and not for me to panic.

I also have a lot of congestion and blackheads, especially around my nose!

Roaccutane gets a lot of bad press but I am so thankful for it. My life has changed unequivocally; a few years ago I was depressed, I felt hideous, and I distanced myself from everyone. I'm not saying R is a quick fix and will cure your acne-remember that this is the 2nd time I've taken it! After I had taken it the first time I was so disheartened with the results. My dermatologist said that potentially I'll have to take it again and if I needed to I wouldn't hesitate.

I hope everyone's skin is getting better and I'd love to hear about your experiences!

- Natalie
LihatTutupKomentar